Thank you for visiting this website (this “Site”), which is operated by Smartling, Inc. (“Smartling,” “we,” “us” or “our”). This Site is intended to provide existing and prospective and current business customers of Smartling with information regarding the services offered by Smartling and to enable existing and prospective business customers of Smartling to indicate their interest in purchasing such services.
Information We Collect
Overview. The information we gather generally falls into one of two categories: (1) information that you voluntarily supply such as when you submit the online form on our Site indicating that you are interested in Smartling’s services (for example, your name and business e-mail address); and (2) information we gather about your use of our Site. In some cases, one of our agents or affiliates may collect information on our behalf.
Information that You Submit to Us. You may provide certain information to us when you submit an online form to indicate your interest in Smartling’s services, participate in a webinar or event, or otherwise interact with us. This information may include your name, the name of your business, your business phone number and e-mail address, and the zip code for your business. By submitting such information, you authorize Smartling to contact you by telephone and/or e-mail to provide you with more information about our business services.
Automatically Collected Data. We use different technologies to collect information about your visit to our Site, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, count visits, and measure Site performance. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site and help count visits and track what links visitors click.
Our web servers also automatically collect limited information about your computer configuration or your mobile device when you use our Site, including the type of browser software you use, the operating system you’re running, the resolution of your computer monitor or mobile device, the website that referred you, the type of device you’re using, and your IP address. Your IP address is a numerical address that is used by computers and mobile devices connected to the Internet to identify your computer or mobile device so that data (such as the web pages you want to view) can be transmitted to you. We also use IP address information for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Information that We Collect from Others. We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about services offered by Smartling and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Smartling and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Share Your Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf and at our direction;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Smartling or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Smartling and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We store the information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Promotional Communications. If you have submitted information to us and we contact you by e-mail, you will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from future e-mail communications (for example, by clicking on an unsubscribe link in our e-mail message).
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, we will only process your personal data:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the services you have requested);
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data (e.g., to communicate with you about changes to our services, to advertise our services, and to provide, secure, and improve our services); or
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to have certain personal data corrected or erased. You may also have the right to restrict certain processing of your data.
To make any of these requests please email email@example.com. We will respond as soon as practicable and no later than one month after receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
We may deny or restrict fulfillment of your request in some cases, such as when your access to data places another individual’s privacy rights at risk, or the continued processing of your data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. If so, we will notify you of the reason(s) for this denial.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
We take reasonable measures to help protect your personal data from loss, theft, misuse, and other unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Sites to Which We Link
If you have any questions about this Policy or our data protection practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the following address:
1375 Broadway, Ste. 1400
New York, NY 10018, USA
Last Updated: May 2018