As translators, we spend a lot of time sitting.
At our desks, at coffee shops, at conferences, in the car, or on airplanes. Most of our job is sitting.
So it should come as no surprise that a lot of us would end up with posture problems. Chronic pain in our backs, necks, shoulders, and joints.
But what do you do if you feel like your chronic pain is keeping you from doing the work that you love?
Eva Stabenow, was a guest on the Move the World with Words podcast recently, and talked all about:
- What she did when she realized her pain was keeping her from working
- How she found a second passion in teaching corrective Pilates
- How she’s married her two passions, translation & pilates.
- A horror story from her early days of translating involving a 700,000 word document
- What Move the World with Words means to her