Translation tests can help buyers evaluate what it’s like to work with a translation services vendor. They can get a sense of the vendor’s communication style, turnaround times, and overall quality of the final translations.
Smartling builds trust with customers by doing a risk-free pilot to prove that our Language Services can deliver content on time and within budget. Our pilot mimics the exact way our translators work with current customers, guided by our Language Services team every step of the way.
Running a test with Smartling Language Services
- Identify 1,000 words - Choose words from your most important source content.
- Select three languages - Request tests for the languages that are the highest priority for your international market expansion.
- Provide a translation memory, style guide, and glossary - Smartling Language Services customers are required to provide these linguistic assets to guide translators on tone, direction, and brand consistency.
- Smartling translates the content - Our translators will turn around the content within our mutually agreed-upon SLA.
- Customer provides written feedback on translation - Let us know what worked, and what didn’t work. Our translators will take your feedback for Phase Two.
- Identify another set of 1,000 words - Choose words from a similar set of source content, so our translators can incorporate your feedback.
- Smartling translates the content - Our translators will give it another whirl! They’ll turn around content within our mutually agreed-upon SLA.
- Customer provides written feedback and approves or rejects the trial - Let us know again what worked and what didn’t work. At this point, you can let us know if you’d like us to be your translation services vendor. (Fingers crossed you’ll say yes!)
Get Started with Translation Today
Refine your customer’s journey in any language with Smartling Language Services. Book a meeting to learn more about how our cloud Translation Management System and renowned Language Services will help your brand reach entirely new audiences around the globe.
Jennifer Chew is the Product Marketing Manager at Smartling, responsible for overseeing go-to-market for Smartling's new products and features, and creates content to educate customers and buyers on benefits and best practices of using Smartling Translation Cloud. Jennifer has been a part of the Smartling team for over two years, previously contributing as the Marketing Manager, and collectively has over five years of B2B and B2C marketing experience.